Our client has developed into an international group with 13,000 employees and a turnover of €1 billion. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV and is included in the Amsterdam Small Cap Index (AScX). And 60% of the shares are family owned.
Our client responds to the worldwide demand for specific expertise and flexible employment by developing innovative services in the field of secondment, project management and consultancy.
The organisation has grown into a renowned global brand with more than 100 offices in over 40 countries on 6 continents. A publicly listed organisation with the dynamics of an agile SME company. It is a horizontal organisation with a strong commercial culture. A multi-specialist in the Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Automotive, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Offshore sectors.
To support and advise the Board, the HR Managers and Executives globally, our client is looking for a Global Head of HR who will take responsibility for global Talent Management and HR Change management.
The Global Head of HR is part of the Global Leadership Team (together with the 3 members of the Board, the 8 regional Directors, and the other Heads of the Global functions). You will report to the CEO.
- Reporting to the CEO;
- Creating an overall HR vision/strategy and roadmap with a strong focus on Talent Management, in close and effective cooperation with the other HR Managers globally;
- With special attention to the US and Asia Pacific, to bring HR on a more professional and strategic level
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders guiding and challenging managers in all aspects of the HR Strategy overall and leadership and talent development & -management;
- Critically reviewing the current portfolio of Talent Management programs against the organization's needs and amend where necessary;
- Drive the development of global standards, processes and governance structures for the use of the global e-learning platform;
- Enforcing the global use of the online assessment tool;
- Sparring partner for international executives and senior management;
- Further optimize the existing Leadership development program;
- Talent & Succession planning cycle top 120;
- Coordinating the yearly company engagement survey;
- First point of contact for the HR Community concerning HR strategic topics;
- As a Global Head of HR you have the role of 'being the HR expert' for the HR community internally
- Two employees report to you in this role, a digital learning officer and a global trainer.
For this position, we want to emphasize the following four core competencies.
Persuading & Influencing:
- Makes a strong personal impression on others
- Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
- Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others
- Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others
Formulating strategies and concepts:
- Develops functional strategies for Leadership development and can drive change
- Develops and effectively communicates positive and compelling visions of the organization's future potential around learning & development
Planning & Organizing:
- Sets clearly defined objectives
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
- Manages time effectively
- Identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones
Deciding & Initializing action:
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people
- Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction
- Initiates and generates activity
What we are looking for:
- Master's degree and at least 15 years of experience in an international strategic HR position, could be in Talent Management with focus on leadership programs and talent-and succession planning;
- A candidate with strong change management experience background, without hierarchical responsibility;
- Able to work on broad operational talent as well as in a strategic and project related mode;
- An effective stakeholder manager with outstanding communication and influencing skills;
- Strong interest in leadership, managing individual needs, development of executive talents at all levels;
- Experienced and passionate in talent development (individual and from company programs), able to challenge.
- Experienced in working in professional services sector is a true advantage
- Experienced in working in global and multicultural environments
- Pro-active personality with good communication and advisory skills.
- Team player but also a good self-starter, entrepreneurial and results driven.
- Excellent command of the English language, other languages are an advantage
Amsterdam, The Netherlands. While based in the Netherlands, we are looking for a candidate with a strong international background. An assessment is also part of the selection procedure.
The SR Group (Netherlands) B.V. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.