One of the worlds most well respected, top tier Law firms is looking for a new Head of HR to support their German operations. This position will be located in Munich and the successful incumbent will be responsible for the strategic HR management of 4 offices and will lead a small team. This is an exciting time in the history of the firm, with a recent merger driving wide-scale business evolution, including across the HR spectrum. There are a number of exciting new initiatives being launched internally and this person will lead all aspects of this for their coverage.
This opportunity is a fantastic chance for someone to take the next step in their career, within a growing business. It would suit someone coming from a Legal or Professional Services background who can operate within an autonomous environment and who has a strategic mind-set. The business expects the incumbent to take on a number of global and regional projects and act as a change ambassador internally alongside fulfilling the more operational elements of the position.
- Manage a team and support their development
- Act as a change manager and project leader, with the gravitas and credibility to influence at a senior level within the organisation
- Participate in regular discussions with the Managing Partner and others on immediate resourcing and succession planning
- Manage the appraisal and performance processes to ensure timely launch of programmes and engagement from all stakeholders
- In particular, facilitate relevant salary and bonus discussions maintaining objectivity and fairness
- Provide advice and intervention to the business on complex employee relations issues such as disciplinary, grievances etc.
- Work in close partnership with other support functions in Germany, including the secretarial population, to provide a seamless, joined up service.
- Lead on, or contribute to, global projects to develop HR practices and processes
- Champion diversity and inclusion in line with firm objectives
Experience and Skillset
- The successful candidate will need to understand the legal services environment and will have ideally had experience within a partnership
- Extensive experience in a similar function within HR
- Degree (or equivalent) educated
- English is the main language used by the business; the successful candidate must be fluent in written and spoken English and German.
- Management experience is highly preferred
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
The SR Group in Germany receives Great Place to Work® 2018 quality seal
The SR Group in Germany is one of the winners of Great Place to Work® competition "Best employers in NRW".