HR Director, Manufacturing Global SME, £90,000 - £120,000 + Elec Car, Bonus and benefits, Reading based with weekly 1 day travel to other sites
An exciting opportunity to be part of the Senior Leadership Team as HR Director for a global multi-site Manufacturing business with a total of around 800 employees having the head office based in Reading (3 days p/w) where this role is mostly based, and other site visits when needed, mostly south Wales (1 day p/w) but on occasions to the other sites ad hoc when business needs require.
Focusing on the strategy, with a UK team of 8 HRBPs based on various sites reporting into you, the role will be responsible for driving the people agenda forward.
Although some hands on operational duties will be needed, the role is strategic and you will be part of driving the business forward from a people perspective, joining a culture that is high performing, driven and in a transition phase to really make a difference to the people you will be a visible leader and enjoy making a difference and adding value
- Sitting on the leadership team and being a Statutory Director, this role will lead the strategy for the future of the business, working closely and advising the Board, implementing and driving the people agenda forward
- Managing a team of 8 HR business partners, who are based across the sites in the UK and responsible for local level HR across a manufacturing and office based workforce
- Working on a number of strategic projects, implementing and getting the buy in and support from the wider business
- Build strong and solid programs across a number of People areas in the business including:
- Driving the talent management, succession planning, performance management and appraisals,
- Creating salary structures, engagement surveys, build on the policy and processes.
- Support the business with growth into the US, in the near future hire a team in NY and lead, develop and grow HR there.
- Develop the HR function and support the business with developing a strong HR function that adds value to the business
Skills and Experience
- Working currently at HR Director level or Head of HR in a larger business, you'll be a strategic leader and able to build a strategy that is ft for purpose.
- You will have a strong focus on people and also able to create and implement programs through your team, lead projects and deliver on them
- Team management skills essential, experience of managing a remote workforce is highly desirable
- Experience in creating talent programs, succession, appraisal systems and salary banding
- The ability to advise the Board, push back and question the status quo, you will be able to work in a business that needs some structure and will have experience previously implementing something similar
- Experience working in Manufacturing is desirable, as is working with a blue and white collar workforce
- You will be CIPD qualified, ideally at level 7 or equivalent experience.
To be considered please apply online now!
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.