PLEASE NOTE: for this role you will be required to have professional language skills in: English, French and Dutch.
For our client, a young and vibrant company in the food industry with big dreams and awesome tasting treats, we are looking for an equally great HR Generalist.
Your focus will be on supporting the managers in the Netherlands and Belgium through store visits, completing audits, reviewing paperwork, facilitating communication, training and advising on matters of policy and compliance.
Moreover, you will work closely with the International HR Director, assisting in the alignment and integration of HR policies and processes with operational needs, and ensuring compliance within the communities we operate.
The HR Generalist will be an integral part of introducing new, innovative ways to deliver HR services with a strong focus on operational excellence.
Main duties and responsibilities
You will be the first point of contact for employees within the business and will also be responsible for:
- You will be managing HR matters and act as subject matter expert in areas including retention, employee relations, performance and payroll
- There will be an element of administrative HR support including: employment contracts, employee confirmations, disciplinary notices, reporting, performance management, exit interviews, maintaining employee database to ensure a data integrity and validity
- Communication skills are key as you will be scheduling and conducting orientation and other employee-related programs in a timely manner alongside coordinating and communicating employee transfers, promotions and departures
- You will be working closely with the Operations team to coordinate onboarding activities for new store openings and with the Finance Department to assist the Payroll team with the processing of employee payroll
- It is a requirement of yours to monitor store compliance with all required postings such as labour laws and other governmentally mandated notifications so knowledge of labour laws in the Netherlands and Belgium is essential so that you can serve as subject matter expert and provide guidance and support to all components of the organization
- Coordinate relocations and expat administration (shadow payroll) in close collaboration with the Global Benefits team
- Support all elements of Talent Acquisition, including various recruitment activities as well as scheduling interviews for and with managers
Ideally you should have:
- 4 year college degree in Human Resources or related field
- 3/5 years' experience working for an international company within a start-up environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with an emphasis on working cross functionally across the organization
- Fluency in English, French and Dutch