We have an immediate opportunity for a HSE Advisor on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Melbourne with some local travel to various sites
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Overall implementation / coordination of WHSE Management System
- Manage the review / update of the WHSE related plans include Project Risk Assessment and Emergency Response Plan in conjunction with relevant stakeholders
- Facilitate consultation in workplace WHSE including, where required, setting up safety committees on site; daily pre-starts; internal / external toolbox meetings etc)
- Provide advice, strategies and problem solving to site and project personnel on all health, safety and environmental matters.
- Take the lead role in investigation of injuries, incidents and near miss events, including recommending improvements at both a site level and corporate improvements.
- Review and updating of WHSE related procedures, templates and other documents as required.
- Be point of contact for all staff and sub-contractors as well as government bodies in relation to health and safety procedures, standards and compliance. This includes changes to work practices, procedures or equipment.
Skills & Experience:
- Cert IV or Diploma in OHS
- Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience in a similar construction environment
- The ability to confidently communicate with internal and external site staff and manage/coordinate accordingly.
- Well organised and self-motivated and the ability to work in a face-paced construction site.
- Experienced with MS Office
To be successfull you will be a practical, logical and engaging professional with ownership of the role. You must be a self motivated, energetic person keen for a career path.
If you believe you have the above-mentioned skills and qualities and are interested in joining a supportive fast-growing company that will support your professional and personal growth - please apply
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.frazerjones.com.au
Frazer Jones is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.