A renowned, global organisation are currently looking for their first Head of Strategic Workforce Planning to build and shape a centralised, consistent approach to firmwide resourcing and workforce planning activities. The aim is to identify the firm's resource needs both now and in the future; through a strategic lens drive improvement in the way their people are developed, retained and how they deliver work across the firm's revenue generating streams.
Reporting directly into their Head of People this vital role will work closely with the firm's leaders to challenge existing thinking, as they develop and implement a commercially focused resource strategy based on current and future demand needs. This new opportunity is open on an interim basis but has the potential to go permanent.
- Lead, develop and implement a fit for purpose resource management strategy, leveraging internal "Switch" systems; design and build new planning processes and practices, embedding these across the firm.
- Engage with the firm's leadership team to understand their priorities and corresponding impacts on headcount.
- Analyse resource trends to enable board level, strategic discussion of issues that affect different streams and sectors across multiple geographies.
- Support the HR team and the wider firm by managing headcount data validation exercises to drive optimum resource utilisation, in order to achieve revenue and profit targets.
- Embed a culture of internal mobility for our post qualified population across the firm to support our 'learn anytime, anywhere' ambitions and create career opportunities to develop and retain our people.
- Work collaboratively with teams across the business including the Organisational Development team in People Development to ensure optimum utilisation is attained via the development of career pathways and frameworks.
- Work closely with their IT team (Head of RPA and Innovation) to address AI developments and new ways of working alongside human capital.
- Improve existing resource management tools, processes and MI reporting, providing advice and guidance on the delivery of workforce management initiatives, policies and processes.
- Determine and streamline data collection and reporting metrics to define what success looks like and use these to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Produce and gain leverage from accurate and commercially focused MI, including utilisation, bench management, forecasting and demand-supply gap management.
- Anticipate and identify potential resourcing and utilisation issues and put a structure in place to effectively manage and mitigate these and then facilitate to resolution.
- Work with existing Resource Managers to develop a national resource management team to deliver results.
- Work with their internal resource steering committee known as 'Flexi Force steer co' to help realise their medium and longer term aspirations.
- Be an active member of the HR Leadership Team to help deliver both the firm and HR's strategic agenda.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the firm, its strategic goals to ensure their strategy aligns to the future success of the firm.
- Build positive and effective relationships with key Business and HR stakeholders to engage them with the overall strategy and focus areas;
- Become an ambassador for the firms culture and behaviours. Responsible for maintaining a positive, collaborative working environment.
- Extensive experience creating and implementing strategic people resource management plans, ideally over multiple geographies and disciplines.
- Strong experience of change management in a demanding environment, working closely with stakeholders to influence decision making.
- Ability to collate and review all aspects of workforce planning and assess the most effective process for the firm to drive commercial and people success.
- Ability to think strategically, challenge the status quo and drive change.
- Ability to create strategic goals and translate them into clear, achievable action plans
- Ability to understand commercial drivers and 'connect the dots'.
- Evidence of a swift, responsive and thorough approach to managing and mitigating risks.
- Competent in developing and understanding the key metrics required to measure success and to be able to analyse data to make decisions and clearly articulate the business rationale.
- Outstanding judgement and decision making skills - the ability to balance both the commercial and best practice agendas.
- Sophisticated and skilled communicator with exceptional emotional intelligence who is able to engage, influence and negotiate with individuals at every level.
- Exceptional levels of professionalism and diplomacy with strong self-awareness.
- Experience of working within Professional Services or similar corporate environment is preferred but not essential.
- Project management - proven track record in managing multiple areas of delivery in a timely, efficient and effective way.
- Organisational skills - able to not only organise themselves, but encourage, motivate and inspire others to deliver their work in a timely, efficient and effective way.
- A 'can-do', open attitude demonstrating agility, breadth of thinking and a desire to work as part of a successful team to support the firm.
- Degree or relevant professional qualification
- Detailed knowledge of workforce planning systems and HR reporting tools
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.