Objective of Role
The overall objective is to recruit a 6-8 top-quality consultants to the New York team per financial year. To be successful this role will need to deliver a significant step up in recruitment in New York. This involves direct sourcing high calibre candidates, selling the company to candidates, creating a great recruitment experience, and managing agencies to secure the best people. Recruitment is 'always on' at our clients firm: they are always hiring. This role is the first line contact for all New York Partners, with a strong emphasis on being a brand ambassador for the company, both externally for potential recruits and internally, to drive engagement and referrals.
Core elements of the role include:
- Fully responsible for our New York candidate pipeline driving to achieve the annual recruitment target.
- Provide insight and guidance on how the firm's interview process can be best aligned to the US market.
- Optimise relationships with New York recruitment agencies. Source, onboard and manage new agencies as appropriate.
- Conduct outbound calls to candidates to draw them into the firm's process. Complete telephone interviews and make recommendations to the partners on candidates.
- Source candidates directly using LinkedIn Recruiter and other channels
- Build strong relationships with consultants and helping them to identify and source potential referral candidates.
- Play a key role in the final stage of the interview process, acting as a client in a role play, observing a partner role play and advising all the partners in the wash-up decision meeting.
- Work with the Recruitment Manager in London and New York Recruitment partner to continually improve our New York focused adverts and messaging on all our digital channels; the firm's NY careers site, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Fishbowl.
- Helping to facilitate the offer process, advising Partners through the process and then managing candidate through to start date.
- Professional services, preferably management consulting, recruitment experience.
- New York market knowledge.
Role Component Main Responsibilities
New York Candidate Resourcing
- Proactively sourcing candidates through a variety of channels: our client is committed to exploring a variety of avenues to find the best candidates to work for us. This role will be focused on utilising the tools that are in place to source candidates directly and proactively manage this pipeline.
- First line response and initial screening for all direct candidate applications: Responsible for screening New York CVs received via our website.
- Conducting Telephone interviews: Accountable for setting up first round telephone interview; conducting telephone interviews, assessing the candidate on their consulting experience, motivations and communication skills.
- Management of our referral pipeline: Ensuring that all referrals are tracked and managed efficiently and arranging screening interviews and managing candidates through the interview process.
- Ensure an excellent candidate experience throughout the process: Manages candidates through the recruitment process, act as "the face of Berkeley" to them, enhancing their positive perception & understanding of the firm as they progress through the process. Sharing appropriate information to ensure positive Candidate experience. They should also prepare candidates for each stage of the interview process.
- Working with the New York Recruitment Partner to manage Agency contacts: Maintaining active list of agencies on our PSL list; working with the Recruitment Partner to actively manage relationships, this may include, managing updates to agencies; periodically meeting and reviewing agencies on the panel; screening CVs submitted by agencies.
- Work with New York Recruitment partner to optimize the agency network: Use knowledge of the New York recruitment market to ensure our client has partnerships with agencies best suited to our target profile, with ways of working and incentivisation optimised to deliver high quality candidates into our recruitment process.
New York Recruitment Process
- Candidate management; Responding promptly to candidate queries, ensuring that any active candidates are moved through the interview process quickly and efficiently. Providing feedback to candidates. Escalating queries or feedback from candidates quickly to ensure an appropriate Partner is involved.
- Provide information and support to recruitment agencies; Liaising with agencies regarding scheduling or candidate queries.
- Interview feedback; Meet with the interviewing Partner(s) after each interview to gather detailed feedback from the interview. Feedback directly to the candidate or the agencies promptly.
- Case Study: Role-Playing a senior client in the final round of the interview process. Co-delivering the client role play, which is a core part of our third stage interview for Consultants.
- Offer and Onboarding: Work with the Recruitment Partner and Recruitment Manager to manage the offer process. Responsible for maintaining contact with New York candidates post offer through to start date.
Desirable knowledge & experience:
- Several years' previous recruitment and direct sourcing experience, either from an agency or in-house
- Local knowledge of New York recruitment market, agencies and networks
- Experience of the consulting or wider professional services industries
- Excellent organisational skills; ability to manage multiple elements of the pipeline simultaneously
- Comfortable using LinkedIn Recruiter
- Experience of agency management
- Offer negotiation experience
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent communication skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Collaborative working style; willing to undertake a wide variety of value-adding tasks as required
- Ability to apply judgement to situation, challenge where appropriate
- A self-starter; enthusiastic, motivated and resilient
Academics & professional qualifications:
- Degree educated
If you're interested in this opportunity, please apply and reference ID# DHPR/203710. If you're already acquainted with our firm and working with one of our recruiting consultants, please contact that individual directly to discuss this opportunity referencing job # DHPR/203710. Otherwise, we look forward to receiving your application. Please note that our client will not provide visa sponsorship nor relocation for this role.
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.